torsdag, september 10, 2009

Summer


All together it has been a wet summer at least in my part of the country. The first weeks were terrific, hot and sunny and we only spent the time on the beach. Absolutely wonderful, actually. When the rain started I also started to sew. During May and June I finished three big quilts, that was before the hot weather set in, had them machine quilted at Merete Glenne Ellingsen at sy.no and have sewn the binding by hand now and then during the rest of the summer. I can tell you it was many metres. When my daughter-in-law saw this one she wanted it for her little son so he will, for Christmas. It is called "Prairie Paisley". I fell for it the moment I first saw it. I bought the pattern when I was in Paducah in April last year.

This one I have sewed on for more than six year all by hand, English paperpiecing. Even the border is sewn on by hand. Merete has cusom quilted this one so beautifully. I washed it after it was finished because I once spoiled some red wine on it and tried to remove it with water, but it got worse. After I washed it in the washing machine it was quite clean. Then I put it in the drier and it got an oldfashioned look.

The quilt to the left is the third big quilt I finished in the first of the summer. It is called Patchwork Party because you had to purchase all the 12 blocks in different quilt shops all over the USA. All the shops also offered finishing kits for it and they all were very different. I choosed this one that is called "Geese on the Prarie" and it is now covering our bed out in our summer house.

My daughter-in-law saw my cosmetic bags in the bathroom one day and asked me if I could make her some and one rainy day I did. Here they are. I gave her all three. She also wants some for her children and I will make some more when I got the time for it.

So now I guess you have an idea of what I have done during this wet summer.

Ingen kommentarer: