mandag, november 24, 2008

Snart jul





Vi er igjen på hytta, jeg med symaskin og PC. Jeg har sydd et eksemplar av Meretes Julegåte 2008. Dette er min første blokk.


Vi skal sy i alt fire like blokker, så jeg er ennå ikke helt sikker på hva jeg skal lage av blokkene.

Once more we are up in the mountains for a couple of days. I have my laptop with me with a mobile modem so I can connect to the internet whenever I want. I also bring my sewing machine and a lot of fabrics, threads, batting and all that is needed for making patchwork. I cannot live without it. This time I have downloaded a new pattern from Merete. She always makes nice Mystery patterns for our internet group QuiltSkandinavia every year in the time before Christmas. She has done this for many years now and I have made almost all of them through the years. I have made two blocks now and am going to make two more. At the moment I am a bit unsure of what to finally make of them.

Jeg har også quiltet og sydd flere advents- og juleløpere etter et mønster som sto i Quiltemagasinet nr. 3 i år og som er laget av Lise Bergene. Jeg har skåret stoff nok til fire av hver i litt forskjellige lengder. Til mine bord passer det best med litt lange og smale løpere. Den røde skal jeg ha på bordet her på hytta og den lilla skal få pryde bordet hjemme i leiligheten. Her er bildene av dem:


Ute skinner solen, men jeg skal fortsette å sy løpere. Jeg har noen flere lilla som jeg må sy sammen. Det kan jo tenke at jeg får solgt noen!


I have also made some Advent and Christmas table runners that I hope someone will buy. I will keep two of them for myself so I can have something new when I decorate the tables for Christmas. The white and violet one will decorate my table at home during the Advent and the red and white one will decorate my table up in the cottage during the Christmas. We will spent about two weeks there in conjunction with the Christmas and the New Year.


Outside the sun is still shining but I will continue to sew. It is not possible to walk outside. Our narrow carriage way is covered with ice, so if we have had scates, it would have been the most propriate way of move around. There is now snow there so skies are no possibility. Then I can continue to sew without any bad conscience at all.

1 kommentar:

PJs Lapperier sa...

De här är verkligen fina. Enkla och speciella.